Improve your vehicle’s handling, increase tire life and drive with safety by checking your tires every month to ensure that they are inflated with the right amount of air pressure. We offer a wide range of tires for your vehicle. Let our professionals help you find, balance and mount the right tires for your car.
Call or email us and let us help you with your tire services.
Below are some of the tire services that we offer:
- Wheel Alignment
- Tire Mounting
- Tire Balancing
- Tire Rotation
- Tire Inspection
We also carry various tire brands. Here are some of the tire brands that we carry:
Tire Guide and Tips: Understanding your Tires
For example, the number may read P225/70-R15, 89H:
- P = Passenger Tire (LT = Light Truck)
- 225 = Overall width of the tire in millimeters
- 70 = Sidewall height (distance from rim to tread) as a percentage of the tread width (known as aspect ratio)
- R = Tire construction, this one is Radial (also, B = Belted Bias, D = Diagonal Bias
- 15 = Represents the size of the wheel in inches
- In this example, the tire has the number 89H. This is the weight capacity of the tire. However, in most cases, you will not see this heading on the sidewall.
- A speed rating is sometimes put in front of the R (or B or D). A straight R rating means that it is rated for speeds of up to 100mph. The manufacturer does not recommended this tire for speeds greater than 100 mph. Other speed ratings are: S=112mph, T=118mph, U=124mph, H=130mph, V=149mph, & a Z rated tire is for speeds in excess of 149mph.
- The V and Z rated tires have excellent dry pavement grip/traction but due to their soft rubber compounds, do not have a long life.
- A tread rating indicates how long a tire should last. This figure is written in small letters on the sidewall of your tire. The higher the number, the longer the tire should last. 100 is the basic tread wear rating.
- The traction rating works just like grading – ‘A’ being the best, ‘B’ is good, and ‘C’ is acceptable. This number is also found on the sidewall.
- Temperature ratings work the same – ‘A’ best, ‘B’ good, ‘C’ acceptable. If you drive your car very hard, you want a temperature rating of ‘A’ because a ‘C’ would fail faster under these conditions. Again, look for this number on the sidewall.
Tires are the single most important safety feature on your car. They are the only thing that connects the car to the road, and life-saving technologies like antilock brakes and electronic stability control cannot do their job if the tires don’t have a good grip on the pavement.
As the adage goes, nothing lasts forever. Car owners still need to replace their tires a few times or more throughout the life of a typical vehicle. Despite advances in longer-lasting tires, actual tread life will vary by car type, tire type (such as all season or high performance), driving aggressiveness, and even road and weather conditions. Proper maintenance and responsible driving can maximize the mileage in a set of tires.
We offer these services to help you prolong the life of your tires.
An incorrectly repaired tire could pose a safety hazard to you and your passengers. At Dan Cortigiano and Son Inc, our tire experts will determine whether your tires are able to be repaired, or if they need to be replaced. If the tires are repairable, our certified technicians will make sure they are repaired correctly and get you back on the road.
Wheel alignment (or simply alignment) is standard car maintenance that involves adjusting the angles of the wheels so that they are set to the manufacturer’s specifications. The main purpose is to let the suspension and the steering systems operate at their desired angles – this reduces tire wear. Alignment is a complicated process and not all mechanics get it right. To have experts handle your car’s alignment, visit Dan Cortigiano and Son Inc.
If you feel excessive vibration in the car, or wobbling of the steering wheel, your tires may be unbalanced. Dan Cortigiano and Son Inc has the professional equipment and technicians to measure the balance of your vehicle’s tires and make necessary corrections. Call us at (203) 259 4295 if you have questions, or schedule an appointment so we can evaluate your tires.
We Offer Most Major Brands of Tires
At Dan Cortigiano and Son Inc, we understand that tires are an important part of your car. The quality of tires and material used on them highly affects the vehicle’s performance. Their main purpose is to protect the wheel’s rims and improve vehicle performance. For this reason, we only deal with brand name tires. Also, we offer fleet tire management services to ensure you are getting the best value, fuel economy, and life from your tires.
Once a need for new tires is determined, it is necessary to identify the best tires for your vehicle and driving demands. Look for tires that do well in tests for braking, handling, and resistance to hydroplaning. Winter traction should also be considered, if applicable. Let tread wear, ride comfort, noise, and rolling resistance be tiebreakers. Trust the tire experts at Dan Cortigiano and Son Inc to help you choose the right tires for your vehicle.
We offer most major brands of tires. These are a few of our preferred brands.